Monthly Archives: September 2012
Late last night, a fox with wire cutter jaws, chomped it’s way into the chicken run and went on a bloody rampage. Gizmo, our much loved cockerel and another hen died.
At this moment, we have three pitiful hens left.
At this moment we are at war.
Batten down the hatches and hammer everything down.
I’m coming for you foxy wire cutters.
Be afraid, be very afraid. I’m using my full body weight in a courageous attempt to protect my loved ones from a full scale washing eruption.
If the lid of the laundry basket is not threatening orbit there is no need to disturb the sleeping monster.
Stand back…this requires an expert.
Asking Evie if she has any toy stowaways on board before we leave for school is pointless. The answer will always be a hesitant and squeaky no.
Reminding her that she cant take dinosaurs to school, (no matter how small and how cute) is also pointless.
Either I have to invent a small plastic toy detector or it’s frisking time.
And it’s going to be tickly…
The slow trudge home from school just got slower now that Gruff is out of the pram and walking too. The only drawback, is that there’s no where to put the coats, bags, hats, lunch boxes, kitchen sinks,..etc that the girls bring home from school each day!
We also have our little stalker Arnie that lies in wait at the top of the road, waiting for the return of his little clan.
Gruff has taken it upon himself today to protest at every opportunity if something doesn’t go his way.
We’ve had screaming all the way to school this morning, (to drop his sisters off) and screaming all the way back again.
Screaming at the choice of dinner and screaming at the choice of pants to wear.
I’m hoping he’s worn his vocal chords out a little so tomorrow is a bit quieter.
Things you will hear yourself saying when shoe shopping with your children:
- She’s grown again? I’ll have to buy new shoes, oh right. (That would have been because of the blazing, hot, Welsh summer we’ve just had that made my children grow two shoe sizes then).
- No you can’t have the spider-man shoes with the flashing lights and the toy doll, the whistle (and kitchen sink) attached.
- I’ve got all day and you’re not leaving the shop until we pick a pair!
- No you can’t have the flashing pink, furry, sparkly, shoes with the toy, the survival kit and the genuine real live gerbil attached.
- I do not need shoe polish
- I do not need insoles.
- I do not need spray stuff.